- What is your greatest extravagance?
My one and only extravagance is my watch collection. In all other respects I'm a boring miser.
- What word/phrase would you like to incorporate more into your vocabulary?
"Lugubrious", but only because it's such a thoroughly ridiculous word and life is ridiculous
- What is your most marked characteristic?
Probably my complete and utter lack of shame. I mean, it's pretty much impossible to embarrass me.
- Describe Dubai Watch Week in one word
"Fun”, because that what you have when you’re there. DWW gets it.
- What is the one misconception about the watch/luxury industry you'd like to clarify?
That it should be taken seriously.
Wait, wait, don’t kill me! I mean, of course it should be taken seriously – to a point – but ultimately these are things that we're lucky to be able to manufacture/write about/purchase, and the industry should be viewed through that lens. We sell fun, and therefore we should be having fun.
- If you weren't a brand CEO/collector/journalist, what industry would you be in?
Hospitality. Ideally on a beach somewhere, mixing cocktails and talking peoples’ ears off.