What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
Cookies: Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site or page. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your Website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Website. This allows our Website to recognize your device from those of other users of the Website. Seddiqi may use this data to analyse trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service.
Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., Login ID), helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customizing the website based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
Session Cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our Website, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (e.g., the Website may remember previous entries of age that are outside the permitted parameters and block subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information
Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons: Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
What information we collect using Cookies and Other tracking Technologies?
We may collect information that does not directly reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to you as an individual. We may automatically collect the following information when you use our Website:
- Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns collected automatically as you navigate through our Website.
- Usage details, time of requests, browser types, operating system, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other Tracking Technologies.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Do we use any Cookies from third-party companies?
To administer our Website and for research purposes, Seddiqi also has contracted with third-party service providers to track and analyse statistical usage and volume information from our Website users. These third-party service providers use persistent Cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage our Website content, and analyse how users navigate and utilize the Website.
What types of cookies are there and which ones are used on the Website?
Generally, cookies on our Website are in the following categories
Strictly Necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- To secure and protect your user account and our platforms
- To enable you to progress or complete a booking or make use of other online services we provide. Example - Concrete5(CMS) cookie is used for identifying the user login/session and load the website features accordingly.
These cookies collect information about your visit and use of the Website, for instance which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our Website works.
- To identify you when you visit our Website and to help you navigate through our Website
- To analyse the use and performance of our Website. Example - Visited cookie used for skipping logo animation when customer revisits and loading the website pages quicker.
These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features.
These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other Websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our Websites
- To store information about your preferences and to personalise our Website for you.
- To help determine if you are logged into our Website. Example - Third party cookies like Google analytics collects customer’s geolocation, sessions, browsers detail, etc.
These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
Seddiqi utilizes cookies to deliver relevant advertising through third-party platforms. However, these cookies are utilized to support online advertising related to the DWW event. These cookies enable you to receive advertisements (confined to the DWW event) relevant to you and your interests.
Example - Google remarketing cookies, collects customer interests on their first visit and retargets them later through other websites in the form of Ads.
We maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for the above information. This anonymous information is used and analysed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner, you can either disable your cookies by following the instructions set out in “How to enable and disable cookies using your browser” section below. However, if you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed.
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please contact us using the contact section below.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click “Customize and Control" button and go to Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Cookies.
- From here, you can Choose your preferred Cookies settings
- Note that there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
- Open Microsoft Edge, select Menu (3 dots icon on top right corner of the browser) > Settings > Cookies and site data> Cookies and Site permissions> Manage and delete cookies and site data
- Turn on "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)" to unblock cookies
- Turn on "Block third-party cookies" or add desired sites in "Block" section to block the cookies.
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Edge. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Microsoft Edge refer to the following page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=Enable%20cookies&p=
- On your computer, click the menu button (The menu button will be in the top right-hand corner of Firefox; it looks like three horizontal lines on top of each other.)
- Click the "Options" menu item. After you've clicked the menu button, the Firefox menu appears; one of the items in it is Options (note: on macOS it is called Preferences).
- Click the "Privacy & Security" menu item
- Choose your preferred Browser Privacy/Cookie settings
- Override cookie and blocking settings for individual websites
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox#firefox:win10:fx88
- Open the "Easy Setup" menu- In the top right corner of the Opera window, you'll see the "Easy Setup" button. Click it to display the basic Opera settings menu.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Easy Setup menu. At the very bottom, you'll see a link called "Go to browser setting
- Search for "cookie"- On the Settings screen that has now appeared, you'll see a "Search settings" input box. Type the word "cookie" into the search box to reveal the settings for cookies.
- Click "Site Settings" - When you searched for "cookie", the settings screen changed to highlight sections which are relevant to cookies. Scroll down and find the Site Settings option and then click it.
- Inside the "Site Settings" screen, find the option that says "Cookies" and click it. Now that you're in the Cookies settings, you can choose which cookie settings you want to enable or disable.
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Safari on OSX
- Click the "Safari" menu in the top left of your screen. Click it and it will expand to show Safari specific options.
- Click the "Preferences" menu item
- Click the "Privacy" tab
- Choose your preferred Cookies and tracking settings. Now that you're in the Cookies settings, you can choose which cookie settings you want to enable or disable.
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/safari/sfri11471/13.0/mac
All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
- Apple Safari - https://support.apple.com/en-ae/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- GoogleChrome -https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
- Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
- Opera - https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- Android (Chrome) - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&oco=1
- Blackberry - https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/legal/cookies
- Iphone or Ipad (Chrome) - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=1
- Iphone or Ipad (Safari) - https://support.apple.com/en-ae/HT201265
- Samsung Internet - https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/using-the-samsung-internet-app/
We would like to caution our visitors about phishing attacks, wherein unscrupulous third parties seek to extract sensitive and confidential information from you by posing as a genuine website or by a sending an email misrepresenting it to be from a genuine source. Please be aware that we never seek sensitive or confidential information such as but not limited to your financial or health record through emails or through our Website. If you receive such a message claiming to be from Seddiqi, then please do not reply to it and immediately bring it to our attention by contacting us.
Seddiqi recognizes the receipt, transmission, or distribution of spam emails (unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures, to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in its computing environment. All emails received by Seddiqi are subject to spam check. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, Seddiqi hopes to minimize the effect of spam emails. Seddiqi reserves the right to reject and / or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action, from time to time.
Compliance with Privacy laws
Changes to our Cookies Policy
Seddiqi is the controller of data for the purposes of applicable Data Protection laws.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact our Data Privacy Office by email at [email protected].