Representing the traditional auction houses in the Servants of Serpents panel, Marie-Cécile Cisamolo, the jewellery expert at Christie's, answers eccentric questions from the popular Proust questionnaire.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
I have a 2 year old daughter, so my greatest extravagance at the moment is being alone! Maybe enjoying a cold glass of Chablis, maybe with a cigarette and maybe indulging in some French trash tv… I said ‘maybe’ 😊
- What word/phrase would you like to incorporate more into your vocabulary?
At the moment, and for the last few months, it is ‘I am travelling to XXX’, because I miss wandering the world and meeting people of all cultured in real life so much!
- What is your most marked characteristic?
I say what I think. Sometimes it is, let’s say, unexpected; most of the times people respect me for it. I need to work on the form though…
- Describe Dubai Watch Week in one word
- What is the one misconception about the watch/luxury industry you'd like to clarify?
That it is shallow. It is not, it is very emotional, and the history behind the pieces will blow your mind if you look for it.
- If you weren't a brand CEO/collector/journalist, what industry would you be in?
I would love to be a teacher, at university for example, where you can really go deep in a very niche subject. I think I love nothing more than sharing my passion with people.