- What is your greatest extravagance?
My passion for historic cars, which comes from my grandfather and father, but which is also about preserving a heritage and traditions.
- What word/phrase would you like to incorporate more into your vocabulary?
“Can we talk later?”
- What is your most marked characteristic?
Braces (UK) Suspenders (US)
- Describe Dubai Watch Week in one word
DWW deserves much more than one word, however, to limit to one word – Visionary.
- What is the one misconception about the watch/luxury industry you'd like to clarify?
That a fine mechanical watch is expensive. For us at Greubel Forsey it’s very costly to create just 100 timepieces a year because of the many months of work on each individual creation, and we also need a team of 100 people to do this.
- If you weren't a brand Co-Founder/collector/journalist, what industry would you be in?
I would most likely have worked in the automobile industry.